Tamar Valley Health – Callington & Gunnislake Surgeries
Location: Tamar Valley Health - Callington & Gunnislake Surgeries
Salary: • £22,128 – 28,746 depending on experience
Contact Name: Natalie Wilkerson, HR Manager
Contact Tel: 01579 382666 ext 254
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 24th November 2017
Tamar Valley Health is an innovative and forward thinking practice with a team providing new models of care with clinical pharmacists and general practice paramedics working alongside experience GPs and managers. Based over two sites, we are looking for Practice Nurse Band 5 to join our clinical team and help deliver primary care services to our patients in our very busy, friendly surgeries.
- Part time – 21 hours per week
- £22,128 – 28,746 depending on experience
- Five weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous occupational pension scheme
Essential skills & Experience:
- Experience of delivering a high standard of patient care as a Practice Nurse providing nursing treatments to patients in participation with GPs or to independently agreed guidelines
- Experience of providing general and specific health assessments and screening, immunisation service for travellers and routine child and adult immunisations
- Experience of involvement with chronic disease management
- Experience of advising patients in general health care and minor ailments
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information and maintain accurate patient records
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good IT skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a GP Practice
- Previous SystmOne experience
- GMS 16,000+ patients with 7 GP partners, 2 Pharmacist Partners and 6 Associate GPs working over 2 health centres at Callington and Gunnislake
- Pharmacy at Gunnislake Health Centre with rising profits and Practice Dispensaries at both sites
- Full QOF scores for the last 3 years and ‘Good/Outstanding’ CQC ratings
- Active involvement with the CCG and LMC
- SystmOne and EPS
- Excellent Clerical and Nursing Teams including a Prescribing Nurse Practitioner and Prescribing Nurse Team Leader
- Medical Student Training
- Active in NIHR and RCGP approved research
- Close links to Community teams
Please apply with a covering letter and C.V addressed to Natalie Wilkerson, HR Manager
Closing date: Friday 24th November 2017
Are you a General Practitioner who is keen to develop a special interest in Oncology?
Location: Sunrise Centre, Royal Cornwall NHS Trust
Contact Name: Louise Hunt
Contact Tel: 01872 256346
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If so, we are looking for you to join our team at the Sunrise Centre, Royal Cornwall NHS Trust. We are aiming to find more GPs to complement our multidisciplinary team, with a number of flexible sessions from one up to full-time for the right candidates.
The successful appointees will be offered a period of training in all aspects of the oncology pathway including management of active chemotherapy and radiotherapy patients, as well as dealing with side-effects of treatment. This will incorporate initial shadowing of established clinicians and gradual clinical exposure leading to independent, but supervised practice. You will be working alongside consultants and junior doctors in a multidisciplinary setting with our team of radiotherapists, and supported by our site specific Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Our new patient clinics see over 2,000 patients a year with a range of cancers requiring personalised treatment plans. In addition to radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatments, the team is very active in research. Working closely with the Research Department the team are constantly reviewing the most appropriate and cutting edge developments for cancer patients including immunotherapy and treatment based on genetic markers.
You would be joining a department supported by a first class radiotherapy service, providing new patients with immediate access to two TrueBeam linear accelerators for treatment such as image guided radiotherapy (IGRT) and intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT). We offer chemotherapy via a dedicated daycase unit (Headland) as well as through our charitably funded mobile chemotherapy unit. Next to the Sunrise is The Cove, a purpose built cancer support centre which opened in Autumn 2016.
The successful candidates will be offered one or more sessions a week, either in the morning or the afternoon, with their exact schedules being negotiable and mutually agreed. Use of GPwSI within the Trust including the Mermaid Breast Unit has been a very successful new initiative with the GPs who have joined enhancing teams enormously. In developing this collaborative and progressive approach to joint working and training in the management of cancer as well as living with and beyond initial treatment, we hope to further promote ever closer working relations and strengthened links between specialty services and primary care.
To apply for this role and to view further information please visit www.jobs.NHS.uk job ref: 156-MS-983.
Interviews are likely to be in December 2017.
If you require further information please contact Louise Hunt on 01872 256346 or email email@example.com
Referral Management Service GP Sifter vacancies
Contact Name: Fran O’Mahony
Contact Tel: 01872 226721
Contact Email: Fran.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 3rd December 2017
This is an exciting opportunity to join the high performing and highly regarded Referral Management Service (RMS) which is led and managed by General Practitioners. We are looking for an experienced GP who is willing and able to work with colleagues in primary and secondary care to improve the referral pathway for patients.
The role of an RMS sifter includes triaging GP referrals against referral criteria to ensure they meet the relevant quality standards and leading on nominated specialties to develop referral criteria with clinicians at different providers.
Ideally, the successful candidate(s) would be able to work 1 session per week on a Thursday or Friday.
For further information, please contact Fran O’Mahony, RMS Assistant General Manager on 01872 226721.
To apply, please send your CV and a short statement indicating your reasons for applying for the post to:
Closing date: 3rd December 2017
Treatment Room Nurse
Location: Rosmellyn Surgery, Penzance, Cornwall
Contact Name: Lorna Nicholas, Practice Manager
Contact Tel: 01736 330909
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 4th December 2017
We are looking for a Treatment Room Nurse to join our enthusiastic, friendly and motivated teaching Practice of approximately 6700 patients.
Successful applicants will need to be keen to progress to Minor Illness Nursing with the support of the Practice’s current team of excellent Practice Nurses.
The post offered is for a 24 hour a week contract worked over three days. Rate of pay is negotiable and dependent on experience.
This is an opportunity to help make a difference in a varied, challenging and fulfilling role as part of a busy and progressive practice team, who will be moving to a state of the art premises towards the end of 2018.
If you feel you have the drive and enthusiasm to become part of the team at Rosmellyn Surgery we would like to hear from you.
- Treatment room skills
- Experience of working in General Practice
- The desire to study and train further
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Apply practice policies, standards and guidance
- Participate in audits where appropriate
- Closing dates for applications 04.12.2017
- If you require more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosmellyn Surgery Information:
- 6 Partners
- 1 Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- 2 Practice Nurses
- 1 Treatment Room Nurse
- 4 Healthcare Assistants
- Constant 100% QOF performance
- Good CQC rating
- GP training practice
- Nurse led chronic disease management clinics
- Microtest Clinical System
- Enhanced services
- Substance misuse clinics
- Active Patient Participation Group
6 to 8 Session Nurse Practitioner Vacancy, Looe, Cornwall
Location: Looe, Cornwall
Contact Name: Mark Allen, Practice Manager
Contact Tel: 01503 266960
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday, November 23, 2017
The vacancy – we seek an enthusiastic Nurse Practitioner or Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join our team for six to eight sessions per week. The role will comprise a mixture of minor illness and chronic disease consulting and home visits, depending on the experience of the candidate appointed.
The practice – based in Looe, South East Cornwall, Old Bridge Surgery is semi-rural with approx. 9,500 patients. We have a team of 7 GPs in a busy but friendly teaching practice. Our nurse team comprises three nurses, four HCAs and an Advanced Nurse Practitioner as well as the vacant post.
In addition to the main, harbour side, practice, in the charming seaside town of Looe, we have two branches and dispense from one of these. We use Microtest Evolution.
Flexibility and Support – we are willing to consider suitable proposals for working patterns to suit the right candidate and have a culture of education and support for those developing their careers.
Contact the Practice Manager, Mark Allen, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01503 266960 or send your CV and covering letter if interested in the position.
Old Bridge Surgery, Station Road, Looe, Cornwall
Location: Old Bridge Surgery, Station Road, Looe
Contact Name: Mark Allen, Practice Manager
Contact Tel: 01503 266960
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Thursday, December 21, 2017
|Situated in the beautiful Cornish seaside town of Looe, we are a friendly and supportive semi-rural 4 WTE partner practice serving circa 9,500 patients. With a partner owned harbour side surgery overlooking the beautiful Looe River estuary, plus two smaller surgeries nearby (one dispensing), we are looking for a partner or salaried GP to join our team.
What we offer
• 4-6 sessions a week with generous holiday
• A high achieving environment 100% QOF and CQC Good
• Encouragement in developing your medical interests
• Established training practice at all grades
• Average partner age of 43 years
• GMS partnership actively engaged with shaping the future of general practice in Cornwall
What we need
• Commitment, enthusiasm and a team orientated approach
• A flexible and positive approach to forthcoming changes in General Practice
Contact our Practice Manager, Mark Allen, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01503 266960 or send your CV and covering letter to Old Bridge Surgery, Station Road, Looe, Cornwall PL13 1HA. www.oldbridgesurgery.co.uk