GP Fellow – Gender Dysphoria Service Development
Location: Kernow Health CIC, Truro
Contact Name: Workforce & Organisational Development Team
Contact Tel: 01872 224051
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31/07/2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen through the Cornwall Training Hub funded by Health Education England for a GP fellowship for a 12 month fixed term contract. Fellowships are being promoted to provide varied opportunities to retain valued practitioners, but also to provide varied and diverse career opportunities for post CCT GPs who are still wishing to develop their career.
The programme is designed for the candidate to deliver clinical sessions within a practice in Cornwall, which could be as part of a practice vacancy advertised through Kernow Health CIC, or for an existing part time GP wishing to add a portfolio element on to their role.
The successful candidate will work 2 sessions per week on a portfolio basis working on service development to benefit the county and Cornish patients by developing a project proposal to put to NHSE around a gender dysphoria service for Cornwall. It is recognised by the RCGP that “GPs are not experienced in treating and managing patients with gender dysphoria and trans health issues. Gender dysphoria and gender identity issues are not part of the GP curriculum or GP Specialty Training, and GPs are currently required to refer patients experiencing gender dysphoria to gender identity specialists for further assessment and treatment advice. GPs face difficulties in accessing gender identity specialists in a timely way which often has severe implications for the mental and physical health of their patients. As such, GPs are under increasing pressure to provide services which are usually provided in specialist clinics, as they lie outside the remit of a GPs generalist expertise, with limited access to specialist support”. https://www.rcgp.org.uk/policy/rcgp-policy-areas/transgender-care.aspx
As part of this fellowship, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to complete a Health Education England funded post graduate certificate.
We are inviting applications from interested post CCT GPs who wish to take up this opportunity either in conjunction with a new role in a practice in Cornwall, or as bolt on sessions to their existing part time practice role.
– Eligible candidates should be employed in a practice in Cornwall for a minimum of 4-6 sessions per week, or willing to apply to practices with these vacant sessions- a list of practices approved to offer sessions as part of this scheme can be accessed from Kernow Health CIC
– The portfolio element of the fellowship will be 2 sessions per week, for a 12 month fixed term contract, remunerated at £15,000 (£7500 per session)
– In addition, 2 sessions of protected time per week must be allowed for the GP fellow to complete a post graduate certificate. This certificate will be funded by Health Education England (via The Cornwall Training Hub hosted by Kernow Health CIC) up to a maximum of £5000.
This fellowship will support the development of a gender dysphoria service in Cornwall, and it is expected that this will include but not be limited to the following remit;
– Working with partners across the health, care and voluntary sector including out of County specialist services
– Review the existing provision in Cornwall for gender dysphoria patients, including identifying the skills and expertise already present in the county.
– Understand the need and estimate the demand for such a service including the various levels of demand
– Scope the set up requirements of a gender dysphoria service, including the workforce required to deliver the service, specialist training and education needed and where to access this, and recommend a costed model for initial delivery and service development plan.
– Develop a project proposal to be submitted to NHSE which meets commissioning requirements.
Expressions of interest should be in made in writing along with a CV and covering statement which outlines your vision for the fellowship, and how you could scope and implement this service development for the benefit of patients in Cornwall.
Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com
Interviews will be scheduled with a panel of representatives from the health & care system in Cornwall.
Patient Advisor – Rosedean House Surgery, Liskeard
Location: Rosedean House Surgery, Liskeard
Contact Name: Emma Lenden
Contact Tel: 07920404611
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31/08/2019
|Main duties include telephone answering and greeting patients face-to-face, together with signposting patients to the appropriate healthcare service as well as a variety of administration duties.
Whilst previous general practice or reception experience is not essential, a customer-focussed personality, computer literacy and excellent communication skills are.
The core hours for these positions will cover between 16.5 hours per week and 30 hours per week dependent on successful applicants. The successful candidate will be expected to work additional hours on occasion to cover for holiday and sickness absence within the team.A job description is available on request and informal enquiries are welcomed by telephoning Anne-Marie Dudley on (01579) 343133.
Salaried GP – Bottreaux Surgery, Boscastle
Location: Bottreaux Surgery, Boscastle
Salary: 10k per session
Contact Name: Danielle Kirby, Business Manager
Contact Tel: 01840 250209
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26/10/2019
|Based in the beautiful coastal location of Boscastle with a branch surgery in Tintagel, we are a young and dynamic two partner practice looking for an enthusiastic GP to join our team.
Known for having a good work-life balance; we are a low visiting practice with strong family values, finishing work at 6pm (yes really!).• 4800 patients
• Rated ‘good’ in all categories by CQC in October 2018
• High earning, dispensing practice
• Full complement of clinical and clerical staff
• Training practice for GPSTs
• High QOF achievement
• Motivated, friendly and happy team
• Good relationship with patients, with a strong patient participation group
• Welcomes forward thinking in terms of business development
• Emis Web system
• Partnership options availablePlease contact Danielle Kirby- Business Manager to discuss further or to arrange an informal visit.
Nurse Practitioner/Minor Illness Nurse – Cape Cornwall Surgery, Penzance
Location: Cape Cornwall Surgery, Penzance
Contact Name: Ian Cary, Practice Manager
Contact Tel: 01736 786924
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 03/08/2019
|We are a small (5000 registered patients), friendly, and forward thinking GMS Dispensing Practice operating from one site in South West Cornwall providing the full range of Primary Care Services and are a GP Training practice that also undertakes clinical research as a member of a Clinical Research Federation. Cape Cornwall Surgery is rated as ‘good’ in all CQC categories and a consistent, achiever of a high QOF score.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Nurse Prescriber Practitioner (NP)/ Minor Illness Nurse, with the appropriate prescribing qualification, to augment an already thriving on call primary care team. You will be working alongside 2 GP partners, and a Salaried Doctor, complemented by an excellent nursing team, consisting of 3x practice nurses and 2 x HCA’s.
Fulltime hours (circa 36 hours a week) or part-time hours are available with a requirement to cover sickness and annual leave when necessary.
We can offer an experienced NP/ Minor Illness Nurse a salary at the very top end of the scale with 6 weeks annual leave and a week’s study leave.
We are a friendly, supportive and welcoming team and we are looking for the right person and personality to join us.
We look forward to meeting you.
Salaried GP or Partnership GP – Narrowcliff Surgery, Newquay
Location: Narrowcliff Surgery, Newquay
Contact Name: Susan Beadle, Practice Manager
Contact Tel: 01637 893696
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: n/a
NARROWCLIFF SURGERY – SALARIED GP or PARTNERSHIP GP
Narrowcliff Surgery is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated GP to join our committed and friendly team at our Surgery in Newquay, Cornwall.
We are especially looking for a GP who shares our aims of delivering personalized, patient-centred care, whilst providing a happy and healthy working atmosphere for our team.
The GP will cover four clinical sessions per week working as a job share with one of our current GP partners. We offer a competitive package with excellent working conditions.
List size of 14300 patients
Team consisting of 7 GP partners (6 WTE), 4 salaried GP, 2 GP Registrars, 5 practice nurses, 1 AP, 3 HCA, 1 phlebotomist and associated administration and reception staff
Clinical system used – EmisWeb
High QOF achieving and CQC overall rating of good
Medical student teaching and VTS Training Practice, with two approved trainers
Very well supported by skilled district nursing team, community matron, palliative care nurse and health visitors
Prospective candidates are very welcome to visit the practice on an informal basis, and/or to speak to a member of the medical team. For further information please contact our Practice Manager, Susan Beadle on firstname.lastname@example.org or Please call 01637 893696..
Salaried GP or Partner Opportunity – Carnwater Practice, Bodmin
Location: Carnwater Practice, Bodmin
Contact Name: Michelle Pratley
Contact Tel: 01208 72488
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 31/07/2019
CARNWATER PRACTICE – BODMIN
We are a great team looking to recruit an enthusiastic Salaried GP or partner to joint our Practice. You should be passionate about patient care, team work and a health work-life balance and able to work 4-6 sessions per week, although job-share would be possible.
• Dynamic practice in Bodmin, Cornwall – a central location in beautiful Cornwall with access to beaches, moorland and more!
• 11,560 patients, run by a well remunerated, friendly and efficient practice team
• Due to retirement and staff changes we are seeking a replacement as salaried GP or partner for 4 to 6 sessions per week.
• Actively involved in Education (Medical Students and trainees), commissioning, local community hospital cover (with portfolio opportunity) and Cornwall Prescribing Committee
• Working collaboratively within Bodmin with exciting developments in Home Visiting, Discharge patient care and integration of community services.
• Duty team operates on the day to cover same-day appointments and relieve pressure of telephone calls and demand.
• Supportive of flexible and portfolio careers – so come and talk to us
Please contact Michelle Pratley, Practice Manager 01208 269988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to arrange an informal visit or call to speak to one of the partners to discuss this great opportunity in more detail.