Dementia support for primary care teams in Cornwall
Save the date- 17th September 2019 16:00 to 17:00- webinar
Supported by the national team in conjunction with system partners in Cornwall, we will be hosting a webinar event where Professor Alistair Burns will be presenting the agenda below. This is planned to be the start of a
series of open learning events that we will co-ordinate to support the areas of interest and learning requested by primary care teams in Cornwall, so please do get in contact with us to shape future events.
- What is Dementia, and the various types
- Reference to DDR’s and prevalence
- Benefits of diagnosing – including reference to secondary care
- How to handle ‘refusal for diagnosis’ in patients
- Permission to diagnose & diagnosis by GPs
- GP confidence in diagnosing uncomplicated dementia
- GP diagnosing dementia in care homes – including advanced dementia
- When to refer
- Example vignettes regarding diagnosing
This event is open to and relevant for all GP’s and primary care teams in Cornwall. Further details around sign up and links to join the webinar will be communicated closer to the time. To express an interest in accessing the webinar please contact
communications for this event.