Location: Bideford Medical Centre, North Devon
Contact Name: Caroline Sanford-Wood, Practice Manager
Contact Tel: 01237 426336
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 20th September 2019
Bideford Medical Centre – North Devon
Partnership opportunity or a salaried role with a view to a partnership
6 Sessions a week (Negotiable)
An exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking, friendly surgery in North Devon!
Bideford Medical Centre is located close to the centre of Bideford, covers a 9 mile radius, and has a current list size of 15,900 which is steadily growing. The practice is close to main road networks leading to the M5 motorway and with easy access to the beautiful North Devon beaches and Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks. There is a good range of housing, schools, shops, sporting facilities and other public amenities nearby.
The practice has a clear vision to deliver high quality care, with core values developed by the whole health care team. The Practice has a stable existing partnership with partner owned premises. The Practice is well organised, forward thinking and dynamic. We are an innovative partnership team with a constant view to improvement and with a great reputation for offering quality care to our patients.
Whilst being clinically driven, the practice performs very well financially; we are a happy and balanced team with good communication between the Partners, clinical and administration team members. There is a strong team ethos within the practice which is very important to the Partners to maintain and develop. Working within an experienced team you will be able to develop a role which suits you.
We are keen to consider the right candidate for partnership!
- Ten Partners and two salaried GPs;
- Purpose built, partner owned premises;
- Same Day Team including an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Paramedic, 2 Clinical Pharmacists and Minor Illness Nurse;
- Highly-skilled nursing team managing both acute and chronic patients;
- CCG contract to deliver Minor Surgical work;
- Experienced and supportive Management, Reception and Administration teams;
- Teaching Practice (rated “Excellent”) for medical students, Registrars and Physician Associates;
- Actively involved in Torridge Health Primary Care Network and with the wider GP Community.
What we can offer:
- Excellent remuneration with a good work/ life balance;
- We run a hybrid appointment system with a same day acute on the day triage team and a planned routine appointments team every day;
- A typical planned day includes a mixture of calls and face to face appointments and admin time (with importantly NO squeezed in extras);
- Low list sizes. Our current target list size for 6 sessions is 1169 patients;
- Six weeks holiday plus 1 week study leave pro-rata per annum;
- Paid indemnity fees (in excess of State Indemnity cover);
- Flexibility: we offer contracts to fit around other commitments and can be flexible with the number of sessions worked;
- Flexible options for Partners buying in (including no personal liability);
- Partners 6 weeks (pro-rata) sabbatical every 3.5 years;
- A fun team working environment. This means we meet for coffee every day, offer support to new members of our team and enjoy our practice socials and sporting events!!
- An invigorating and supportive working environment with excellent opportunities for career development.
If the above sounds appealing, come and talk to us…….
Please contact Caroline Sanford-Wood, Practice Manager, on 01237 426336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply with full CV and covering letter by post or email to:
Mrs C Sanford-Wood
Bideford Medical Centre
- Closing date: Friday 20th September
- Interview date: Friday 1st November
- Starting date: April 2020 (or earlier if possible)