Location: Brunel Medical Practice, St Albans Road, Babbacombe, Torquay, TQ1 3SL
Contact Name: Rachael Lankshear, Practice Manager
Contact Tel: 01803 495072 or 07816 905727.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: n/a
BRUNEL MEDICAL PRACTICE
SALARIED GP ROLE WITH SUPPORTIVE MODULES TO EXPAND EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE WITH VIEW TO PARTNERSHIP.
ALL APPLICANTS WELCOME
The role was designed with newly qualified GPs in mind to bridge the gap between registrar and partnership but the modules would suit a GP that was new to the area or a GP interested in a retainer role.
The day to day workload will be protected and mainly face to face 15 minute appointments with protected time for modules and then the potential to adjust templates to preferred ways of working.
- Telephone triage course with GP UPDATE and in house mentorship
- Management modules supported inhouse by Senior Partner and Practice Manager looking at finance /QOF/ new contract/ staff /employment law/PCN and collaborative working / understanding CCG, LMC roles
- Script management and audits
- Lab results and interpretation supported by a course
- Appraisal guidance with mentor
- Making IT improve efficiency at work with an EMIS champion.
- In-house CPD with MDT
- Support for Doctors new to the area on local services/hospital/hospice etc
- LMC courses on partnership roles
- Relocation costs supported(further detail on enquiry)
- GP update course subscription with Fourteen Fish appraisal support
- Golden hello at start and for continued service after 1 year
- £10,000 per session
- Potential for sabbatical
Brunel Medical Practice serves a growing list size of 16,300 patients in the popular coastal town of Torquay which has great schools and transport links.
We are a forward thinking team aiming to ensure that everyone is supported and happy in the workplace, allowing patients to receive an excellent service that is safe and sustainable.
- Salaried GP workload is protected
- 6 weeks annual leave pro rata
- 1 week study leave
- BMA contract
- Indemnity costs covered by the Practice
- Home visits are covered by our two Special Paramedics and also an Independant Care Home visiting service.
- A training practice for medical students, registrars, paramedics, nurses and pharmacists.
- An award winning research practice.
- CQC rated GOOD
- EMIS, Lexicom , Accurx and Docman 10 all used efficiently with maximum effect directed by our Practice Manager who is also an EMIS and SystemOne champion
- Two senior band 8 Pharmacists manage our script team ensuring safe and efficient prescribing.
- A member practice of the Torquay Primary Care Network
- Expanding ANP and Nursing team to support urgent health problems and manage chronic diseases
- We have a reception team trained in health navigation with a dedicated manager, ensuring patients are efficiently directed to the right member of the clinical team.
- The appointment system is a flexible hybrid system ensuring all members of the clinical team can work to their preferred style.
- 15 minute face to face appointments can be mixed with telephone triage and e-consults or just face to face – the appointment the template can be bespoke to each clinician
Please contact us for further information, an informal visit or conversation:
Practice Manager, Rachael Lankshear – email email@example.com or telephone 01803 495072 or 07816 905727.
Senior Partner, Dr Stephanie Bowler – email firstname.lastname@example.org